Saturday 2 June 2012

Art show#4 zendala on canvas

Phew, completed my zendala #7 in time for art show  #4 at the new gallery at The Hub in Yaragon. Requirements were to have nothing larger than 10x10. I used a warm colour scheme using Sakura gelly roll markers on canvas. The shading was completed by using water on the markers.

Regarding work on canvas, this time I used 4 coats of gesso. I discovered that it was easier to rub out any pencil marks, but the ridges from the brush work made the surface uneven instead of the canvas weave. I did sand the surface back, but obviously not enough. Fortunately only experts would notice the difference!

 

Just as a ps I have to share this...


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! The colors are so pretty and the design so delicate--beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are KEWL too! x

    ReplyDelete